I’ve always been a list person. Always. I will even go as far as putting something minimal down on a list just so that I can cross it off. That feeling of accomplishment as you cross through that item-can’t beat it! I find lists keep me motivated + push me to finish things. Today I found a list that I made several months ago related to photography and my business and where I wanted to be in the next few months–with pleasure I can say everything was crossed off! So without further ado, a list of September Goals (both business and life in general).
1. Book one more session for this coming month. So far, I’ve booked more paid sessions for this month than I ever have–so with that being said, I’d like to up it by one more. Who says it can’t be done?
2. Be more adventurous. I like to stay in my comfort zone–but I’m ready to try new things. This month I want to use my camera to document things in a different way. (Clients, don’t be concerned–I’m not going to mess around with your photos 😉 ). But I want to take photos for myself beyond my normal style, I want to push myself to try different compositions, angles, focus + lighting. As Miss Frizzle would say, “Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!”. Why not?
1. Start a Family Prayer Journal. As our son is getting older, I want him to grow up in an environment where he sees his family trusting and relying on God for all of our needs. While he may be a little too young to understand right now, I think it is vital that he sees his parents leading an example of a life of faith. Going hand-in-hand with this, I want to have a thanks journal–for every blessing we receive so that we can learn to be thankful for what we are given in every situation.
2. Apple Picking. Cause who doesn’t love the idea of that! Fall is coming, whether you want to get onboard or not! Personally, fall is my fave! I awkwardly get through the summer…but truly, I was born to wear layers! Plus, I don’t think (parents, correct me if I’m wrong here), I’ve ever gone apple picking. It just sounds adorable, and therefore it is making the list!
3. Go on a Pumpkin Spice Latte Date w/ the Hubs. We’re a week away from everything pumpkin-related hitting the Starbucks shelves, and man oh man, I am excited! Truth be told, I’m not a coffee person. But lattes, now that is a different story! Pumpkin lattes, pumpkin scones, pumpkin cookies…everything pumpkin!
4. Go hiking. I really, reeeeallly want to take in the fall colours and hiking sounds like a beautiful way to do that. Truth be told, I’m not much of an exerciser (I’m trying to break that) but one day at a time. I figure if I can distract myself with the beauty surrounding me, maybe I can forget about the fact that I can’t breathe. Maybe?
So there is it, here’s to a beautiful month! <3